Sunday, August 15, 2010

No Wining!


Not doing too much mini-ing lately...I'm sure at my best I would have trouble keeping up with all you talented and productive miniaturists, but I sure enjoy your inspirations!
I am, however, quite proud of my little wine-bottling venture today. I had purchased three plain and empty wine bottles as I thought it would be fun to fill and label them myself. The pharmacist gave me a funny look when I told her what I wanted the syringe for, but who cares - it was worth it :-) These bottles are filled with real red wine, stoppered with a blob o' glue, and wrapped with tin foil (which I'm thinking I'll paint gold). Size-wise I think the bottles are a little too small and my wine glasses are a bit too big, but when I compared the difference to a 1:1 glass and bottle it wasn't too bad. I will however, be getting more bottles so I can try a little bit bigger and see how that goes.
Anyhoo, I also did some flowers from bits and bobs from Micheal's fake plant department (and used the cap off my syringe for a "frosted glass" vase! :-)

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Irene said...

What a great idea to label your own bottles - I must store that idea away! It's a lovely arrangement.

Unknown said...

Buen trabajo, excelente idea. Besos Clara

Estefanía said...

Muy buena idea y un acabado genial! yo también le pondría el aluminio superior en dorado. Un beso.

Iris said...

Great idea and looks good!

Ascension said...

Una gran idea con un precioso resultado.
besitos ascension

Flora said...

Dear Cynthia, more wine is fine, as the bottle is small!
I really like the scene: the wine and flowers, with bread and grapes, are a beautiful still life.
Mini hugs, Flora

bastrota said...

I like your mini scene.

The flowers are very pretty and your idea with the wine bottle labels is great!

Have a nice day, too.

Marion